Monday, May 30, 2011
What I Want To Do
Sitting here in our humid, windswept apartment on the prairie (we have no central air conditioning), I've been daydreaming about what kind of fun and/or illuminating experiences I want to have while we're living in the The Star of the North.
So, here's the beginning of the list I've been dreaming up:
1. Kayak down the Mississippi River
2. Visit the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum in Walnut Grove, MN--because why wouldn't you?
3. Go to a Twins Game (better yet, BIKE to a Twins Game)
4. Do the Tweed Ride
5. Take classes at the Minnesota Center for Book Arts--I really, really love this place and the attached Coffee Gallery sells yummy brownies! So, it's definitely a win-win. :)
6. Participate in workshops at The Loft
7. Bike on as many trails as we can find
8. See something at MPR's Fitzgerald Theater in Saint Paul
9. Go to the St. Paul Winter Carnival
10. Explore the Boundary Waters
11. Visit lots of museums, like the Mill City Museum or the MIA, as much as possible
12. Find Paul Bunyan and share some s'mores
13. Get strong enough and crazy enough to do the Muddy Buddy
14. Eat Lutefisk...um...well...um...maybe just nibble a small piece of lutefisk and then move on to the lefse--Uff da!
15. Hang out with Sven, Ole and Lena and eat more lutefisk. :)
Phew, that's it for now.